Our Internet Website
Connecting Community for Kids protects the privacy, dignity and confidentiality of individuals by ensuring that all personal records and information about Connecting Community for Kids employees, contractors, volunteers, job applicants, the families and children we work with are treated with discretion and kept in a secure place and only used by Connecting Community for Kids and for purposes intended.
This statement relates to content available on the Connecting Community for Kids website. If you have any questions or comments about this statement or the content on this site, please email us.
Accessible web design
This site is working towards ensuring content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. By working towards achieving these guidelines for accessible web design, we acknowledge the diversity of communication methods, available technologies and abilities of web-users in the community.
Connecting Community for Kids strives to maintain conformance to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.0. It is suggested that the site is best viewed in an Internet Explorer Browser no older than IE9. Older browsers (especially Internet Explorer versions 6, 7, and 8) are less stable, and much more vulnerable to viruses and rendering issues.
Whilst every care has been to made this website as accessible as possible most modern browsers provide further assistive technologies.
For users running Apple Mac OSX please substitute key commands symbolised as [CTRL] with [cmd] (situated to the left of the spacebar on Apple keyboards).
- Font size can be increased or decreased by holding down the [cmd] key and pressing the [ + ] or [ – ] keys respectively.
- Alternatively, from the menu bar, selecting ‘View’ and then either ‘Zoom In’ or ‘Zoom Out’ will allow you to adjust the text size.
More information on assistive technologies in Apple Mac OS X and iOS can be found here: https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/
- To change the font size click the ‘Customize and Control’ button to the right of the address bar and adjust your font size via the [ + ] and [ – ] buttons within this menu.
- Holding down the [CTRL] key and pressing [ + ] or [ – ] will also allow you to increase or decrease your font size.
- Alternatively type chrome://settings/ into your address bar, scroll to the bottom and click to show advanced content, and then you may change your font settings under the ‘Web Content’ section.
More information on accessibility features in Google’s products can be found here: http://www.google.co.uk/accessibility/products/
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- To change the font size, from the menu bar at the top of the browser window, select ‘View’ followed by ‘Text size’. Within this secondary menu will be a variety of different text sizes from ‘Small’ to ‘Largest’.
More information on assistive technologies in Microsoft Windows can be found here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/what-accessibility-features-windows-offer
- Font size can be increased or decreased by holding down the [CTRL] key and pressing the [ + ] or [ – ] keys respectively.
More information on accessibility features in Firefox can be found here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/accessibility-features-firefox-make-firefox-and-we
Information presented on this website is considered public information (unless otherwise noted) and may be distributed or copied. While Connecting Community for Kids makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information, various data such as names, telephone numbers, etc. may change prior to updating. Child Australia welcomes suggestions on how to improve our home page and correct errors. Connecting Community for Kids provides no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of furnished data.
Some of the documents on this server may contain live references (or pointers) to information created and maintained by other organisations. Please note that Connecting Community for Kids does not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness, or accuracy of these outside materials.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this website employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act. Information may also be used for authorized law enforcement investigations.