International Women’s Day – Inspirational Women
We are so lucky to have some absolute superstars involved with CCK, who volunteer their time to make the local community a better place to live. Here are just a few of the women who have achieved some amazing things in 2019.
- Was a finalist for City of Kwinana volunteer of the year 2019
- Ran 12 successful kids in nature events
- Presented at the 2019 Telethon Child Health Symposium on our Community Mother Program
- Chair of the Community Mothers Program management committee
- Finalist in the City of Cockburn inspirational volunteer award
- Presented at the 2019 Telethon Child Health Symposium on our Community Mothers Program
- Deputy Chair of the Community Mothers Program management committee
- Volunteered her time to assist Connecting Community for Kids at many events
- Had a story published in ‘that was my home’ book and spoke at the launch party.
- 2019 Winner of Moorditj Koort Heath Award.
- Along with the other women on the Celebrate Culture team (Debora Garaig, Huda Afzaal, Jane Li, Jeny Lo, Keth Duot, Nicole Andres) were a finalist in the City of Kwinana Citizen of the Year Awards 2019
- Won the ‘NAIDOC Health Award’ at the Moorditj Koort Ball
- Instrumental part of CCK, making valuable connections and links in the community
- Volunteered at most of our events across the City of Cockburn
Joanne Boschman, Priya Mallampati, Taya Rundle, Karen East and Carolyn Mitchell
Community Mothers who commenced employment with Empowering People Empowering Communities providing peer to peer support to families.