Together We Can - Sing
Benefits of Singing
- Encourages speech and language development
- Improves breathing and posture
- Assists with emotional development and regulation
- Provides opportunities and skills necessary for interaction, engagement, and communication
- Develops a growth mindset that includes confidence and creativity
Idea to try
- Give singing a shot, even if you think you’re not good at it - children love hearing your voice regardless of your ability
- Make sure the child can see your mouth moving and making the words when you sing. This aids with speech development
- Make chores fun by singing along whilst you work. For instance, try the pack-away or clean-up song to make tidying a breeze!
- Make up songs together and use your body for extra sound – think clapping hands, stomping feet, or banging on household items like buckets and pots
- Attend a sing-along session at your local library
Nursery Rhymes and Songs - A to Z - BBC Teach - An alphabetical list of animated videos with lyrics
The Wiggles - YouTube - Sing along to new and classic songs with The Wiggles
Try a podcast such as Sing Along with Abi Tucker - ABC Kids listen. from Play School. Listen live daily or use the playback feature.
The Wiggles - Brush Your Teeth | Kids Songs for Brushing Teeth | The Wiggles Toothbrush - YouTube
Clean Up Songs:
… Why Sing? Singing develops confidence and language development.