Volunteer with us
Volunteering is an excellent way of making a difference in your local community. Without the skills, interests and passionate local community volunteers we could not provide our community programs, and continue to expand our work to help families and children in the local community.
Connecting Community for Kids - Expressions of Interest
12-month position as a paid member of our Joint Leadership Team
Connecting Community for Kids invites you to express your interest in shaping the strategic direction of CCK through participation in our Joint Leadership Team.
What is the Joint Leadership Team?
The Joint Leadership Team is the primary decision-making body in respect of the operational delivery of the CCK Initiative. The Joint Leadership Team will (amongst other things) set the Collective Team’s strategic direction and oversee the implementation of associated activities. It is comprised of local leaders and leaders of local service providers and other relevant stakeholder organisations.
Presently membership includes a cross section of Federal, State, Local Government, Local Community Members and NGO's including Kwinana Early Years Service (co-chair), City of Cockburn (co-chair), Ngala, Meerilinga Young Children’s Foundation, The Smith Family, City of Kwinana, Yangebup Family Centre and representation at Director level from the Department of Social Services, WA State Departments of Education, Health and the Department of Communities representing Child Protection and Family Support and Disability Services.
What is the commitment?
The team meet every two months alternating locations between Cockburn and Kwinana.
The next scheduled meeting is on Wednesday 4 August from 9.30am – 11.30am at a venue within the City of Kwinana.
Applicants should have a strong commitment to a passion for working with others to improve the lives of young children and their families.
Please note that days and times may be able to be changed to suit new members; additionally, if crèche facilities are required, we will change venues to make that possible.
What does paid mean?
Community members recruited to the 12-month position will receive a sitting fee of $97.00 for each meeting they attend. The payment will be made via direct credit into their nominated bank account.
How do I apply?
Email your responses to the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 16 July, 2021.
- What is it that interests you about becoming a member of our Joint Leadership Team?
- What involvement have you had with the initiative so far?
- What would you hope to achieve by being part of the Joint Leadership Team? This is in terms of the initiative and/or for you personally.
- Please advise if you will require crèche facilities? If yes, please detail for how many children and their ages.
- Please advise of any days or times that you would not be available, where known.
- Are you able to access venues on both Cockburn and Kwinana? Yes/no
- Account Details (BSB and Account Number)
Is there any other information you would like to provide?
Benefits of volunteering with CCK
- Make a real difference to the lives of families in your community
- Be rewarded by watching children thrive
- Empower people to build better futures
- Contribute to positive social change
- Connect with your local community and make it a better place to live
- Meet a diverse range of people and build friendships
- Build pathways to future employment
- Gain new skills and knowledge